POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.general : Newsgroups web interface issue : Re: Newsgroups web interface issue Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:01:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Newsgroups web interface issue
From: Thorsten Froehlich
Date: 16 Feb 2002 07:31:07
Message: <3c6e510b@news.povray.org>
In article <3c6e4c6b@news.povray.org> , "Rune" <run### [at] mobilixnetdk>
wrote:

>> The refresh is only possible with HTML meta tags
>> (take a look at the top of the HTML).  The site
>> also uses expire HTTP headers as appropriate (the
>> rules are somewhat complicated so I won't go into
>> details here).
>
> Is the refresh also required by the rules? I've never seen it on other
> pages.

In theory the Expire header could be used by the browser to reload the page,
but effectively it only uses HTML meta tag (see below).

>> Newer IE browsers should have an option like
>> "Don't dial automatically" or something called like
>> that. Not sure where the option is, but it basically
>> keeps your browser from opening connections while
>> offline.
>
> Err yes, that's why I get a blank page rather than an updated page. The
> point is that I'd rather decide myself when to refresh the page so I don't
> suddenly get a blank page without any possibility of going back without
> going online again. Isn't it possible to change that?

Well, a clever browser would not try to refresh, but I guess there is no hope
someone cares to fix it on their side :-(

I will add an option in the personalization to turn adding of the HTML meta
tag to auto-refresh on or off.  Give me a few days to do so...

    Thorsten

Thorsten Froehlich, Duisburg, Germany
e-mail: tho### [at] trfde